The Adams County Public Library is giving away a free Windows 10 computer! From January 11 through March 31, enter our drawing for a Windows 10 computer by attending two, one-hour computer training sessions with AmeriCorps volunteer technology trainer Melissa. Choose any two training topics from our Training Menu, and call Melissa at your local library to schedule a personal training appointment. Melissa’s AmeriCorps service is made possible by Guiding Ohio Online, a grant awarded by the State Library of Ohio and ServeOhio.
Melissa offers classes at the Peebles Library on Monday and Friday, the West Union Library on Tuesdays, the Manchester Library on Wednesdays, and the North Adams Library on Thursdays.
Attend any two one-hour computer classes from our list of topics in order to enter the drawing:
– Getting Started: Computers
– QuickBooks 2016
– Windows 10
– Windows 8
– Microsoft Office: Word
– Microsoft Office: Excel
– Microsoft Office: PowerPoint
– Intro to Genealogy Resources
– Resume Writing /Job Search
– Internet Safety
– Getting Started: Email
– Getting Started: Google Drive
– Getting Started: Facebook
– Searching the Internet
– Astronomy Online
– Apply for Benefits Online
– Excel: Monthly Budget
– Online Banking
– Download Library eBooks
– Online Shopping & Coupons
– eBay and PayPal
Official Contest Rules:
- The giveaway will run from Monday, January 11 through Thursday, March 31 2016.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this free drawing.
- Participants must attend two hour-long computer trainings at one of the four Adams County Public Library locations led by AmeriCorps volunteer Melissa Downs to be eligible to participate.
- Computer training topics must be selected from the published list of eligible topics.
- Anyone is eligible to participate, provided they can attend two hour-long computer training sessions at the library during the published giveaway period.
- Final determination that a participant has completed two eligible, one-hour trainings is shown by Melissa’s signature on a drawing entry form.
- Adams County Public Library staff members are not eligible to participate.
- The winner will be selected by chance in a drawing from completed entries on April 1, 2016.
- One winner, selected by chance, will receive one refurbished, used computer, running Windows 10, and equipped with free and open-source software, and accompanied by a used monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
- The winner will be informed by telephone, and can pick up the refurbished computer at an Adams County Public Library location after April 1, 2016.
- If the winner cannot be reached by April 8, the library reserves the right to re-draw a new winning name.