We’ve heard some questions from you about our new Fine Free policy. Here are a few answers:
- Items you borrow from the library will still have a due date by when they must be returned.
- You will never be charged fines for overdue items.
- Overdue items must be returned before you can borrow more items.
- To avoid having overdue items, renew your items up to 4 times. You can renew by phone, in person, or in the Online Catalog with your library card number and PIN. If other patrons are waiting for an item, it cannot be renewed.
- If you do not return an item, you will receive a reminder notice after it’s been overdue for two weeks. After five weeks, you will be billed for the replacement cost of the item. Simply return the item to any library to cancel the bill.
- You must resolve any bills for lost items before you can borrow more items.
Your support for the Adams County Public Library, including the levy passed in 2012, help us to stay open until 7:00 p.m. four nights each week, keep all four Adams County Public Libraries open six days each week, and purchase the latest popular DVDs and books for you to borrow. Thank you for your support!