Part-time Library Clerk
Adams County Public Library has an opening for a Part-time Library Clerk with a starting hourly wage of $12.50 to $14.58 based on education. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Works directly with team leaders and other staff to promote efficient library operations.
- Complies with policies and performs duties in a courteous, pleasant, and efficient manner.
- Greets library users and answers incoming calls, making referrals, and taking messages.
- Assists borrowers in finding information, answering questions, and placing holds.
- Maintains knowledge of computers and basic software, and assists patrons in their usage.
- Assists patrons with using the public copier, fax, and print manager; troubleshoots equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate collection, transmission, and security of money.
- Maintains knowledge of library procedures and works with a minimum of supervision.
- Participates in routine library tasks such as circulation, shelving, and cargo.
- Assists with interlibrary loan tasks such as pull lists, call lists, and expired hold lists.
- Assists with cleaning facilities when necessary during open hours.
- Shares in responsibility for thorough completion of opening and closing procedures.
- Participates in weekly team meetings to increase the quality of public service.
- Participates two hours weekly in independent study to foster professional development.
- Continually works to increase skills in readers’ advisory and basic reference services.
- When appropriate, mentors volunteers and assists in training new personnel.
- Performs other duties as requested by the public service team leader or other staff.
- Presents Adams County Public Library, its staff, and services, in a positive manner.
- High school diploma or GED with an aptitude for and demonstrated interest in library work.
- Previous experience indicating an ability to perform the responsibilities involved.
- Behaviors observed by former employers that match the library’s core values: positive approach, dependable, team-oriented, professional, and potential leadership qualities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely in English, both orally and in writing.
- Proficient with computers and word processing; basic knowledge of other office equipment.
- Accuracy in filing and detailed work; ability to handle cash transactions and financial reports.
- Ability to maintain emotional balance in working with all types of people and circumstances.
- Mobility to maneuver loaded book trucks and stand for extended periods of time.
- Adequate strength to move boxes, furniture, or equipment, and lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to stoop and stretch in order to retrieve or shelve materials on 7 ft. shelving
- Have or are able to obtain a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
For fullest consideration, email Executive Director Nicholas Slone at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 4, 2023. Please
- A meaningful cover letter
- Three references related to your work history
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Adams County Public Library is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.