The thrill of spooky stories, the smell of campfire smoke, the crunch of leaves beneath your feet, and the sounds of nature at night. What does this mean? It’s time for camping in the Fall! To celebrate the spooky season, you are invited to the Peebles Library for your chance to participate in the Campfire Short Story Contest from October 1 – 19. Just come to the library to get a form and start writing! Entries will be judged in age categories, including 0-5, 6-11, 12-18, and 19+. Four winners will be selected in each age category. The winners will receive an LED keychain Flashlight and a S’mores Kit.
- The story should be appropriate for all ages, no foul language or sexual content, please. Inappropriate stories will not be accepted.
- All entries must be the original work of the participant. Parents may transcribe a young child’s entry.
- Participants are limited to one entry.
- Stories can be typed or neatly written by hand.
- By entering the contest, you give consent for the library to use your name and story for promotional and marketing purposes on its website, social media, and other promotional materials.
- The story should be between 1-3 pages, pages are provided.
- Stories will be judged anonymously by library staff.