Do you need a COVID-19 test to get you back to work or school? The Adams County Public Library in Ohio is partnering with the Adams County Health Department to offer COVID-19 Take-Home Test Kits to the public for FREE! The eMed visit is also FREE! This is COVID-19 testing done from the convenience of your home with accurate results you can trust. Follow the instructions below to learn:
- How to obtain your test kit
- The requirements needed to complete the test
- How the eMed process works
- Smartphone, tablet, and / or laptop with a webcam
- Email address
- Photo ID
- An internet connection
- NAVICA app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- Call your local library:
- Manchester Library: 937-549-3359
- North Adams Library: 937-386-2556
- Peebles Library: 937-587-2085
- West Union Library: 937-544-2591
- Follow this link to view our hours by location: https://adamscolibrary.org/locations/
- Tell the library staff member how many test kits you will need
- Use curbside services to obtain the test(s)
- Take the test home
- Make sure you have plenty of space to complete the test
- A cleared table with plenty of room for your smart devices and test kit
- The test kit must lay flat on a hard surface
- The proctor will ask you to move your webcam throughout the session
- At times, the proctor will need to view you; at other times, the proctor will need to view your test
- Open a web browser, such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Go to https://ohio.emed.com/
- To understand how eMed works, watch this 2-minute video: https://bit.ly/30hUxKs
- Click the “Start Testing” tab
- Create a NAVICA account or login with your username and password
- Add additional profiles, such as minors to your account by clicking “add managed profile”
- After creating your account, confirm your account and personal information
- Answer the questions to prepare for your eMed visit and click continue to start the session
- NOTE: The proctor is not a healthcare provider but is qualified to administer the test and read results
- Show the eMed proctor your photo ID and tell them your name and date of birth
- Follow the proctor’s instructions to take the test
- The proctor must view your test card for 15 minutes for the test to be validated
- You will need to scan the QR code with your webcam at two separate times throughout the session
- After you complete the test, you will receive a “pass” on your NAVICA app that contains your test results
- In the NAVICA app, tap “Pass” to view your results and pass
- Show your pass to your school or employer
- Your school or employer will verify the validity of the pass by scanning it with their own device using the NAVICA app
- Make sure your school or employer can view you opening the NAVICA app and accessing the pass in real-time
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What should an individual do if their telehealth session is disrupted?
A. If a telehealth session is interrupted, the individual should immediately return to https://ohio.med.com and select the option to begin a test and explain to the proctor that the previous session was interrupted. You will need to contact eMed support at 844-943-0753 if the proctor determines the test session cannot move forward.
Q. Is the test painful?
A. Unlike a nasopharyngeal swab that requires the healthcare provider to insert the swab in the upper nasal cavity, these samples are taken by a nasal swab in the lower nasal cavity.
Q. Can the library or other testing site use the test to give me my results?
A. No, the test must be used at home and is to be performed with an eMed telehealth proctor.
Q. I do not have a smart device, can I get my test results another way?
A. If you do not have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, contact eMed for alternative results delivery at (844) 943-0753.