Computer Classes and Help Desk
Free individual computer training and open help desk hours are available at each Adams County Public Library. Learn more.
Online Learning Resources
Computers & Applied Sciences Complete is a full-text, scholarly research database covering computing, technology and engineering disciplines. It is especially useful to researchers studying the business and social implications of new technology.
Visit these websites to practice basic computer and Internet skills, in easy to use tutorials and guides.
- Skillful Senior – Practice using the mouse, keyboard, and arrows.
- Mousercise – Exercise your mouse skills in this fun, simple tutorial.
- Touch Typing – Learn touch typing with free, interactive lessons that start at the beginning, in easy sections.
- Keyboarding Practice – After learning basic touch typing, practice keyboarding with instant feedback in this easy tutorial.
- Internet Basics – Short, self-paced tutorials on topics covering the web, Internet Explorer, Facebook, Google, Internet safety, and much more.
- Digital Learn – Easy-to-use short video courses help you learn basic computer skills.
- Basic Computer Skills – Learn how to get started with your computer desktop, icons, and navigation.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials from Microsoft – Learn Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher in these easy-to-use tutorials by Microsoft
- Computer Skills Center from Learning Express Library. Video courses introduce basic computer, Internet, and software skills.
- Computer Privacy Education from People Smart