The Adams County Public Library would not be the same without our amazing staff. Get to know a little more about the employees who make the library run as every week we’ll feature a question-and-answer session with a different staff member. This week our focus is on Allison Burton, a programmer at the North Adams Library.
- How long have you worked with Adams County Public Library?
4 years, but I was a volunteer for nearly 3 years before being hired.
- What does your job entail?
I organize and execute library programs for children, teens, and adults, such as Storytime and the After School Program. I also help with day-to-day desk duties, including checking out patrons and shelving items. In addition, I write the library’s weekly newspaper article and help manage the library’s Facebook account.
- What kinds of books do you like to read?
I love reading young adult fiction, particularly fantasy, science fiction, and dystopian fiction. My favorite authors are Maggie Stiefvater, Cassandra Clare, and Sarah J. Maas.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
“The Age of Adaline”
- What TV shows are you watching right now?
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” “Loki,” and “Quantico”
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Telekinesis or invisibility
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
I am a full-time college student, so I’m usually doing schoolwork when I’m not working. If I have any free time, I read, write, watch Netflix or Disney Plus, and craft.
- What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I am currently writing two young adult novels.
- Where would you like to go on a dream vacation?
Alaska to see the Aurora Borealis
- What do you like about working for the library?
I love helping people and discovering new, interesting books I have never heard of before.