The Adams County Public Library would not be the same without our amazing staff. Get to know a little more about the employees who make the library run as every week we’ll feature a question-and-answer session with a different staff member. This week our focus is on Diana Aston, a library clerk at the Manchester Library.
- How long have you worked with Adams County Public Library?
I have been with ACPL for 1 year and 4 months.
- What does your job entail?
As a clerk, I help patrons at the front desk, checking items in and out, and assist on the computers when needed. I also help keep the library organized by shelving and shifting books when needed.
- What kinds of books do you like to read?
I like to read murder mystery and romance novels.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
If I have to choose, I would say that Mary Poppins is my favorite movie.
- What TV shows are you watching right now?
I don’t watch a lot of TV; however, I am currently rewatching The Originals on Netflix.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
I think it would be neat to be telepathic or to be able to move things with my mind.
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
When I am not working, I like to read, cook/bake, craft, and spend time with family.
- What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I enjoy drawing/graphic designs. (Not that I will ever share my work, I am my own worst critic).
- Where would you like to go on a dream vacation?
I would like to go to Bora Bora and stay in a bungalow over the water.
- What do you like about working for the library?
I get to work with some great coworkers and getting to know and help all the patrons is a pleasure.