The Adams County Public Library would not be the same without our amazing staff. Get to know a little more about the employees who make the library run as every week we’ll feature a question-and-answer session with a different staff member. This week our focus is on Ginger Breitenbach, a library clerk at the North Adams Library.
- How long have you worked with Adams County Public Library?
I started at the North Adams branch as a volunteer in the fall of 2013 when the new building opened and was hired as a library clerk in March 2014.
- What does your job entail?
Front Desk, Circulation, Cargo, Handling Patron Needs, being a Jill of all Trades, master of few.
- What kinds of books do you like to read?
Historical fiction and historical nonfiction are my favorite types of reading.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
The first movies to come to mind as favorites are: “Second Hand Lion” and “A Christmas Story” – the version where Ralphie wants a BB gun.
- What TV shows are you watching right now?
Not much for watching TV except for “Jeopardy,” “The Olympics,” and soccer. I like watching “Amazing Race” when it airs.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
I retired from my superpower abilities when there were no longer any phone booths where I could change into my cape.
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
Is there a time when you are not working other than sleeping? Seriously, I enjoy reading, playing card and board games with the family, sitting on the porch watching whatever shows up at the bird feeder. I also like to sew, crochet, and refurbish old items.
- What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I began playing soccer in my late 30’s and played 5 to 6 years in a women’s league in Cincinnati. Guess that’s why I enjoy watching soccer on TV. It’s easier to voice my opinions without getting a red card.
- Where would you like to go on a dream vacation?
A dream vacation would be to explore the United States by train.
- What do you like about working for the library?
Working for the library has given me the opportunity to meet many of our community residents and work with a great library family.